Monday 29 August 2016

Review - "Death Descends On Saturn Villa"

Death Descends on Saturn Villa Gower Street Detectives #3
by M. R. C. Kasasian
rating:☆☆☆☆
published: 4th June 2015
spoilers? no

Goodreads

"You are hiding something from me," I say and Sidney Grice shakes his head. "No," he tells me quietly. "I am hiding a great many things."


I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with this series. On the one hand, it's mysteries set in Victorian times, and I love March and Pound. On the other hand, there's Sidney bloody Grice, who is singularly the most unlikeable "good guy" character I have had the misfortune to read about.

That being said, this was definitely the best yet of the series. Although the plot was slightly convoluted at times, it held my attention better than the previous two and, with March a suspect for the case, the stakes were higher than before.

There was a big part in this that was told from Grice's point of view, which I hated, given that I hate him. It was so tedious, and because he's one of those genius detectives, pretty up himself. I just hope that's not something I have to suffer through in book 4.

0 comments:

Post a Comment