Tuesday 23 January 2018

Review - "More Than We Can Tell"

More Than We Can Tell
by Brigid Kemmerer
rating: ☆☆☆☆
published: 6th March 2018
spoilers? no

Goodreads

We all push sometimes, just to make sure someone is on the other side, pushing back.


Galley provided by publisher

Letters to the Lost was one of my favourite books in 2017, so when I heard there was going to be a sequel, it immediately shot to the top of my anticipated books list. This all sounds like I was hugely disappointed by this book, but I wasn't. I just didn't like it so much as the first one.

It had all the same elements as Letters to the Lost: amazing writing, angsty family relationships, Rev and Declan's friendship, and it almost made me ugly cry (Letters to the Lost actually did make me ugly cry though). But it was just missing something for me. I loved Rev, and I loved his family, and his friendship with Declan was definitely my favourite part of this book. I just didn't really like Emma all that much.

I couldn't really tell you what about her I disliked - all I know is that I found myself almost just wanting to get through her parts quickly so I could get back to Rev's. I think part of that was because she felt a little unsympathetic especially given how she treated Cait and, from time to time, her mother.

That being said, it was still a really good book, and there were scenes that had me almost crying. Admittedly, they were mostly Declan and Rev scenes, because that was about my favourite part of Letters to the Lost too. I was a little disappointed not to have enjoyed it as much as that, but I still really enjoyed it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment