Saturday 1 September 2018

Monthly Wrap Up



BOOKS READ: 73

DID I COMPLETE MY TBR? yes


So, I know my TBR only had about six books on it, but I really only just finished it, because (a) I kinda forgot about it until about halfway through the month, and (b) I found it really hard to continuously read The City of Brass for some reason. But! I did finish it, at about 11pm last night (31st August), so I think this marks the first ever time I've finished a TBR list. Here's hoping that continues.

I also read a helluva lot of comics this month - hence why my read count is at 73. I think the best of these was either DC's Trinity Rebirth title (just because I love the characters so much already I was always going to also love a series they appeared in), or Holly Black's DC/Vertigo Lucifer series. It also helped that both series have really lovely artwork.

BREAKDOWN

FIVE STARS: 4
FOUR STARS: 35
THREE POINT FIVE STARS: 3
THREE STARS: 16
TWO POINT FIVE STARS: 1
TWO STARS: 8
ONE STAR: 6

BY WOMEN: 40
BY MEN: 33

BY AUTHORS OF COLOUR: 14
BY WHITE AUTHORS: 59

*BY LGBT AUTHORS: 13
BY STRAIGHT AUTHORS: 60

*Note: this may not be accurate, as it relies on an author being out.

RESOLUTIONS FOR NEXT MONTH

1. Read more by authors of colour

2. Read more by LGBT authors

P.S. Note to self: bingereading comics is going to skew your figures towards white straight men, so maybe chill on that front?

0 comments:

Post a Comment